LDC develops tools to support evolving annotation tasks. All tools distributed by LDC are available at no cost under an open source license.
- AGTK, Annotation Graph Toolkit : Annotation Graphs are a formal framework for representing linguistic annotations of time series data. They abstract away from file formats, coding schemes and user interfaces, providing a logical layer for annotation systems. AGTK is a toolkit for using the Annotation Graph model. AGTK is made available under the Common Public License .
- CTK, Champollion Toolkit : CTK aims to provide ready-to-use parallel text sentence alignment tools for as many language pairs as possible. CTK is made available under the GNU General Public License, version 3.0 .
- LDC Word Aligner : A tool used to build manual word alignments. LDC Word Aligner is made available under the GNU General Public License, version 3.0 .
- SPHERE Conversion Tools : Programs for converting NIST SPHERE speech files to other formats.
- XTrans : A tool that supports manual transcription across multiple channels, languages and platforms. XTrans is made available under the GNU General Public License, version 3.0 .