To become a member, an organization must sign the appropriate membership agreement and pay a membership fee. Membership agreements can be completed online through your account.
To create an LDC account or to access an existing account, visit the User Login  page, the LDC Catalog  or LDC Online . Each is a gateway for becoming a member, browsing the catalog and ordering data.
For information about account types and privileges visit User Accounts .To submit a paper copy of the membership agreement, refer to the links below. Membership fees can be paid online by credit card, by check, purchase order or wire transfer.
Sign the membership agreement
The membership agreement must be signed by someone who is legally empowered to commit an organization to observing its terms. Following are the available LDC membership agreements:
- Not-For-Profit Membership Agreement:  Universities, foundations and other not-for-profit organizations
- For-Profit Membership Agreement:  For-profit organizations and any organization that plans to use LDC data for commercial technology development
- Government Entity Membership Agreement : US Government departments only
- LDC Online Membership Agreement:  Not-for-profit organizations and government entities only
If not ordering online, return the signed membership agreement to LDC by email , fax (+1.215.573.2175) or mail. Send two original copies of the membership agreement by mail if a co-signed copy is required.
Organizations should choose a membership type. Standard Members receive free access to 16 corpora published in the membership year. Subscription Members receive two copies of each LDC dataset published in the membership year (30-36 unique titles annually).
Pay the membership fee
- Not-for-profit organizations and US Government entities
- Standard membership: $2,400
- Subscription membership: $3,850
- LDC Online membership: $1,000
- For-Profit organizations
- Standard membership: $24,000
- Subscription membership: $27,500
Payment can be made in one of three ways: credit card, check or wire transfer. LDC accepts institutional Purchase Orders in most instances and issues quotes or pro forma invoices upon request. Your order will not be processed until payment is received.
- By credit card (American Express, Discover, Visa or MasterCard)
- Follow the steps through the online payment system to provide credit card details
- By check from a bank with branches in the United States
- Credit checks to The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania
- Mail checks to LDC's address 
- By wire transfer to:
Wells Fargo Bank N.A.
420 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94104
ABA NO.: 121-000-248
Account No.: 2000018692644
SWIFT CODE: WFBIUS6S
Credit to: The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania
Attn: LDC Membership Office 215-573-1275