In order to provide for expedited delivery of data for evaluations to a limited
group of participants, the LDC has developed ECorpora.
ECorpora delivery is targeted for delivery of data used in training, dev/test,
and evaluations as follows:
- Project Manager provides the data in final form. This means that the LDC
will provide no quality control or documentation. In most cases, a tar file containing
zip files is provided by the Project Manager to the LDC Publications Programmer.
- Project Manager will also provide a list of the data sources to be released to the
LDC Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Manager to ensure that we have permission
to distribute the data as well as to make sure that any agreements necessary
to distribute the data are identified and transmitted to the LDC Membership Coordinator.
- The Project Manager will then provide a list of participants to the
- After the IPR Coordinator determines that the data can be released and
which (if any) agreements must be signed by the participants AND the Publications
Programmer has provided a catalog number and uploaded or produced the data
for distribution, the Membership Coordinator will advise the Project Manager
that the ECorpus is ready for release and ask them to send a preformatted
announcement to the participant list.
- In the announcement the Participants are advised of the ECorpus catalog number
and asked to request the ECorpus from the Membership Coordinator.
- When a Participant requests the ECorpus, the Membership Coordinator will
verify their Membership status (Non-Profit, Profit, or Evaluation) and that
all relevant license agreements are signed and then deliver the ECorpus to the
- If a non-participant requests an ECorpus, the Membership Coordinator must
receive permission from the Project Manager for the release of the ECorpus.
Please select flowchart to see an graphic of