Microsoft Research India License Agreement
Non-Commercial Use Only
This Microsoft Research India License Agreement, including all exhibits ("MSR-LA") is a legal agreement between you and Microsoft Corporation (“Microsoft” or “we”) for the data as more fully described in Exhibit A, which may include associated materials, text or speech files, associated media and "online" or electronic documentation and any updates we provide in our discretion (together, the "Data").
By installing, copying, or otherwise using this Data, you agree to be bound by the terms of this MSR-LA. If you do not agree, do not install copy or use the Data. The Data is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and is licensed, not sold.
SCOPE OF RIGHTS:
You may use and copy this Data for any non-commercial purpose, subject to the restrictions in this MSR-LA. Some purposes which can be non-commercial are academic research, personal experimentation and running benchmarking tests..
You may not use or distribute this Data or any derivative works in any form for commercial purposes. Examples of commercial purposes would be running business operations, licensing, leasing, or selling the Data, distributing the Data for use with commercial products, using the Data in the creation or use of commercial products or any other activity which purpose is to procure a commercial gain to you or others.
If you distribute the Data or any derivative works of the Data, you will do so only upon prior express written authorization from Microsoft and distribute them under the same terms and conditions as in this license, and you will not grant other rights to the Data or derivative works that are different from those provided by this MSR-LA.
If you have created derivative works of the Data, and distribute such derivative works, you will cause the modified files to carry prominent notices so that recipients know that they are not receiving the original Data. Such notices must state: (i) that you have changed the Data; and (ii) the date of any changes.
In return, we simply require that you agree:
· becomes publicly known through no wrongful act;
· You received from a third party who did not breach confidentiality obligations to Microsoft or its suppliers; or
· You developed independently.
Term of MSR-LA. This MSR-LA will terminate upon the commercial release of the Data, or the violation of any of the terms of this MSR-LA by you; unless earlier terminated by Microsoft in writing at any time without cause. Upon termination, you will cease use of the Data, and if so requested, promptly return to Microsoft, or certify destruction of, all full or partial copies of the Data provided by Microsoft.
5. THAT THE DATA COMES "AS IS", WITH NO WARRANTIES. THIS MEANS NO EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, any warranty against interference with your enjoyment of the Data OR ANY WARRANTY OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. There is no warranty that this Data will fulfill any of your particular purposes or needs.
6. THAT NEITHER MICROSOFT NOR ANY CONTRIBUTOR TO THE DATA WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES RELATED TO THE DATA OR THIS MSR-LA, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT THE LAW PERMITS, NO MATTER WHAT LEGAL THEORY IT IS BASED ON. 7. That we have no duty of reasonable care or lack of negligence, and we are not obligated to (and will not) provide technical support for the Data.
8. That if you breach this MSR-LA or if you sue anyone over patents that you think may apply to or read on the Data or anyone's use of the Data, this MSR-LA (and your license and rights obtained herein) terminate automatically. Upon any such termination, you shall destroy all of your copies of the Data immediately. Sections 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11 and 12 of this MSR-LA shall survive any termination of this MSR-LA.
9. That the patent rights, if any, granted to you in this MSR-LA only apply to the Data, not to any derivative works you make, and are limited to your use of the Data under this MSR-LA.
10. That the Data may be subject to U.S. export jurisdiction at the time it is licensed to you, and it may be subject to additional export or import laws in other places. You agree to comply with all such laws and regulations that may apply to the Data after delivery of the Data to you.
11. That all rights not expressly granted to you in this MSR-LA are reserved.
12. That this MSR-LA shall be construed and controlled by the laws of the State of Washington, USA, without regard to conflicts of law. If any provision of this MSR-LA shall be deemed unenforceable or contrary to law, the rest of this MSR-LA shall remain in full effect and interpreted in an enforceable manner that most nearly captures the intent of the original language.
Copyright (c) 2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
DESCRIPTION OF DATA