User License Agreement
Application by an Organization to Use the
Nihon Keizai Shimbun Text Research Collection
distributed by the
Linguistic Data Consortium (LDC) of the University of Pennsylvania
The _______________________________________________________________________, an
organization engaging in human language technology research and development, agrees to use
the textual data designated as the Nihon Keizai Shimbun Text Research Collection and
distributed by the LDC of the University of Pennsylvania, subject to the following
understandings, terms and conditions.
1. Permitted Uses.
2. Access by Individuals.
- The texts may only be used for linguistic research and development, including but not
limited to speech recognition, machine translation, natural language processing, document
understanding, information retrieval, and foreign language teaching technology.
- Summaries, analyses and interpretations of the linguistic properties of the text may be
derived and published, provided it is not possible to reconstruct the information from these summaries.
- Small excerpts may be displayed to others or published in a scientific or technical
context, solely for the purpose of describing the research and development and related issues.
- Access to the texts by an individual person is to be controlled by that personŐs
organization. The organization may only grant access to people working under its control, i.e., its own members, consultants to the organization, or individuals providing
service to the organization.
- Individuals may be allowed access only after being informed of this license
and its provisions. The access is to be terminated when the conditions of the application
no longer apply. The organization will retain a list of all persons ever granted access
and make it available on request to the copyright holders and to the Linguistic Data Consortium.
- Except as specifically permitted above and as necessary to use and maintain the
integrity of the data on computers used by the organization, the display, reproduction, transmission, distribution or publication of the texts is prohibited.
- Violations of the copyright restrictions on the texts may result in legal liability.
The organization shall send a signed copy of this agreement by facsimile to LDC, fax number (+1) 215 573-2175. Alternately, the organization shall email an electronic version of the signed agreement to LDC at email@example.com.
For the organization:
Signature ___________________________________ Date ______________________
Name __________________________________ Title ______________________
Mail Address __________________________________________________________________
City ___________________ State _______ Zip Code _______ Country ______________